Jr/Sr High Dress Code for 2011-2012
Student Dress and Grooming
A student's right to dress as his/her taste and inclination direct is respected. However, it is insisted that the student be clean and decently attired. A student's personal appearance shall not present a health or safety hazard or distract from the educational process in any way. For example, refer to the list below.
Students should dress modestly. The following will not be allowed:
- Bare feet
- Clothing displaying indecent, inappropriate or vulgar writing, pictures or slogans including cigarette, drug or alcohol advertising.
- Articles that could cause damage or injury to other students or property.
- Midriff, see-through blouses, spaghetti straps, halters, off-the-shoulder or sleeveless clothing that shows the torso or underclothing or cleavage.
- Sagging shorts or pants. There may be no holes in clothing above the knee. Holes above the knee must be patched.
- If overalls are worn, both straps must be connected and worn over the shoulders as intended.
- Hats, sunglasses, caps, or any other head coverings, will NOT be allowed on campus during regular school hours.
- A student shall not wear or use emblems, insignias, badges, or other symbols where the effect thereof is to distract unreasonably the attention of other students, or otherwise cause disruption with the operation of the school.
- If a student chooses to participate in any school activity or organization, he or she must conform to the standards set forth by the sponsor or director.
- Pajamas are not allowed.
Shorts, dresses, and skirts are permissible no shorter than 5" from the top of the knee when standing. Leggings are not allowed as pants.
Students who violate the dress code will change or be sent home. Tape is not a solution for covering holes.
Final discussion regarding dress code will be made by the administrators or designee. Other issues not covered will be covered in daily announcements if a problem arises.